Monday, June 9, 2008

Ironman


I could scream from the top of my terrace and tell the world to PLEASE WATCH THIS MOVIE BEFORE YOU DIE, but I won't since its raining. Directed by Jon Favreau, this movie just blows your mind away.

Its a perfect no non-sense movie. The dialogue delivery is a little dull in certain parts of the film. The dialogues really don't do anything to help. They are plain Jane conversations you'd expect in any sci-fi action movie and are slightly emotionless at times. The expressions however, are as genuine as they come.

Oh yes, if I could I would fly down to where ever the make up artist (who did the terrorists' make up) lives and barbaque him for the rest of eternity, I would. The terrorists had such flawless skin, it looked like they'd all been given perfect fruit facials before the shoot, let alone subjected to days of desert heat and sandstorms and war.

The special effects - ah! now we're talking. They're simply mind blowing. Not once have they given the audience a chance to realize that there is something 'unreal' about any scene what-so-ever! From flights to robotic body movements to "fighter jet" chase scenes, everything is done to perfection. If you manage to get your hands on a DVD, trust me, you'll be in special effects paradise.

The end was a little disappointing, unpredictable but disappointing (no I won't reveal it to you here). Gwyneth Paltrow was far too skinny but had the perfect assistant look. Robert Downey Jr. was splendid, where the dialogues failed, his acting paid off BIG TIME.

If I were IMDB, I'd gladly give Ironman a 9/10 (they only gave it an 8.2/10), but its a must watch.

Definitely the best movie of 2008 (yet)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do know that the IMDb ranking is based on user votes, right?

So you can go ahead and vote it 10/10 and hope others do and it will slowly go up. :)